The Thomas Lloyd
Thomas Lloyd was a local philanthropist, who lived in Warwick for 35 years. The Wetherspoon pub which bears his name is a former branch of his family’s bank.
Numbers 5 and 7 Market Place were acquired by the Warwickshire & Leamington Bank, in 1834, and taken over by Lloyds Bank, in 1866. The bank acquired number 3 in 1920, and occupied all three until 1998, when they became the Lloyds No.1 outlet. Thomas Lloyd, a member of the banking family, lived at the priory from 1865 until his death, in 1890. He was a philanthropic man, who took a particular interest in the asylum, the gaol and local schools. In recent years this venue has become a Wetherspoon pub offering great value beer, wine and food.
3-7 Market Place, Warwick, CV34 4SA