Thanks for stewarding at Warwick Folk Festival!
Map / programme / ticket details to follow.
Health & Safety Downloads:
- Stewards’ Health & Safety Briefing
- Emergency Procedure
- Child Protection Policy
- Lost & Found Child Procedure
- Venue Managers Briefing
Changes & FAQs
Please check the boards on arrival at Stewards & Festival Information for the most up to date information including any artist changes. These will be updated throughout the weekend.
There are some venue changes this year (please see map in programme):
- The ceilidhs are now in the Warwick Hall (Punch Taverns Stage)
- All Childrens activities are all in one area – the Kids Zone – on the main site by the craft fair & bar.
- Shooting Roots (for 12-18yr olds) are with us again this year and based in the studio attached to Warwick Hall.
- The Plaza is being used for the open mic and the Arena has a covered stage – used for concerts as well as dance displays.
Please have a walk around the site and make sure you can direct customers as needed. See also the map in the programme.
Many customer queries can by answered by info in your programme. There is a free bus service to Warwick Town throughout the day, timetables available at Festival Information. We also have a info stall in town on Saturday & Sunday.
- When on shift please also make sure you know:
- Where the nearest toilets are
- Accessible access for the area
- Nearest fire extinguishers & exit
- Who’s performing and when
The Stewards team & your Venue Managers are there to help, any queries – please just ask!
Have a great festival, and thanks for volunteering your time.
Terms & Conditions
- All Stewards are required to volunteer for a minimum number of hours as follows, although quite a few willingly give more of their time. These hours will be spread over the Festival weekend:
- Adults (18yrs or over) – 4 hours per day at the festival i.e. 16 hours if arriving Thursday, or 12 hours if arriving Friday. We may allocate fewer hours to volunteers who are performing at the Festival (e.g. Morris dancing), or to those who assist the Festival in other ways.
- Your priority as a Volunteer Steward is to help us run a safe, smooth and efficient Festival. We will endeavour to allocate duties to preferred areas, but we cannot guarantee it will always be possible.
- If some of your stewarding duties clash with an event you wish to see, we ask that this be dealt with on arrival at the festival. Please be aware that we endeavour to meet any request, but that it is not always possible to change rotas.
- All Stewards are expected to be vigilant, courteous, sober and Health & Safety conscious.
- Drinking alcohol or smoking whilst on duty is not permitted at any time.
- For outside duties please bring clothing suitable for all weathers (including sun screen).
- Duties may start as early as 8.00am and could finish as late as 1 hour after the final event.
- Venue Managers will brief you at the start of your duties – please arrive promptly.
Please contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries – see you at the festival!