Artistic Manager and Operational Manager
Warwick Folk Festival is seeking to recruit two Senior Festival Managers working on a voluntary basis to take a leading role on the Festival Management team. These roles will be working across Warwick Folk Festival which runs for four days, normally on the last weekend in July.
The roles will involve taking the overall project lead on each annual event with the additional responsibility of leading the creative project management across the festival. These Senior Festival Managers will also attend festival management meetings and report to the board. Some travel may be paid by agreement
You will have overall responsibility for programming the festival and the fringe festival some of which can be delegated to other members of the team.
This role mainly comprises but is not limited to:
- Booking festival artists and negotiating fees.
- Issuing contracts via our Festival Pro software.
- Planning concerts and workshops
- Arranging sound check times for each event where a PA will be used. This work will also be done on the Festival Pro software.
- You will be able to delegate programming responsibility for Morris, Ceilidhs, and possible the fringe festival.
- Book artist accommodation, transport needs, backstage requirements
- Booking the sound engineers and equipment
- Help with the printed programme and marketing content for the web site and newsletters
You will work with the Artistic Director but have overall responsibility for the main operations of the festival
The role’s tasks include but are not limited to:
- Booking the marquees, staging, toilets, generators, lights, tables, and chairs. Nic Hurst will supply a lot of the festival equipment for the site and the staging so a close working relationship with Nic will be required.
- Liaising with our landlord Mr Chris Taylor and Warwick Castle as well as the Town and District councils.
- Applying for the festival licence, fringe licence and our street collection licence.
- Liaising with the emergency services – Police, fire brigade, Warwick ambulance and possibly attend the SWAG meeting where all the above will be represented.
- Your knowledge of Health & Safety at venues will also be required.
- Any other tasks required for the optimal running of the operations side of the festival.
Both successful candidates will have a proven track record of festival management and be able to demonstrate multiple examples management of events similar to Warwick folk festival. In addition, they will be able to demonstrate past experience in delivering the creative vision of festivals from initial brief through to on-the-ground delivery.
In your role you will be required to take the lead and run projects to ensure efficiency of delivery. You will be a clear and calm communicator. You will be prepared to go above and beyond what is required and take pride in achieving outstanding results.
Your role will require you to use your existing detailed knowledge of the folk festival industry to contribute ideas to event development and feasibility strategies, bring in new ideas and influences to Warwick Folk Festival projects to drive development and creative working.
The Festival aims to:
- present a high quality and diverse programme of folk music and dance
- create a ‘festival of experience’ which values and nurtures community, and ensure people attending have a really good time
- support and showcase local artists and young artists, alongside national/more established acts
- provide opportunities for participation, learning, and skills development in folk music and dance
- contribute positively to the town and the local community operate in a way that is sustainable, both financially and environmentally
Please apply in writing to
Warwick Folk Festival
July 15th 16th 17th 18th July 2021
07831 890 905